Deut. 8:6 Therefore thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to fear him.
Psalms 128:1 Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways.
God made us and He understands us more then we do ourselves. Therefore, God is the one who knows the way of happiness, joy, peace, contentment, and success. Sometimes it may seem that God’s way is boring or too hard. At times we may not be able to see how His ways are going to benefit us. This is where faith comes in. We must trust God and simply obey Him. The devil has been a liar from the beginning (John 8:44) and has deceived many into thinking that his way is better than God’s way. He tries to make God look bad and sin look good. He wants people to believe that God does not want them to have any fun. This is exactly what the devil did in the Garden of Eden. He told Eve that she was not going to die and eating of the forbidden fruit is going to taste good and make her wise like God — knowing good and evil. The devil made it appear as if God purposely wanted to keep Adam and Eve from experiencing the best of the fruits in the garden, as if God was holding back something good from them.
This is the same trick that the devil uses today. He makes it seem that his way is better than God’s way. The devil makes it seem as if God does not want you to have any fun and that is why he has many commandments and rules. He wants you to think that it is better if you just do what you want to do. Anyone that falls for this trick is sure to mess up their life, but if we submit to God’s way then we will be successful.
- The devil will make drugs and alcohol look good and soberness boring.
- The devil will make immorality look good and abstinence boring.
- The devil will make it look as if you cannot be happy without a lot of money and certain material possessions.
- The devil will make it look as if church is the most boring place to be and night clubs and parties are more exciting.
- The devil will make it look like submission to God is bondage and doing what you want is freedom.
The devil is a master liar (John 8:44 “Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it”), and he will do anything and say anything to get anyone to believe that his way is better than God’s way. But…the truth is that submission to God’s way is the way to live!
In order to submit to God’s way we must identify the areas of our life that is contrary to God’s Word:
- Are you living an immoral life by engaging in premarital or extramarital sex? Are you living with someone that you are not married to?
(1 Cor 6:13) Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.
(1 Cor 6:18) Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
(Gal 5:19) Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
(Eph 5:3) But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
(1 Th 4:3) For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
- Are you dishonest with your taxes?Are you cheating or misusing the “system” in any way?
(Exo 20:15) Thou shalt not steal.
(Prov 13:11) Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished: but he that gathereth by labour shall increase.
- Are you seeking a relationship with someone that is not interested in God?
(Amos 3:3) Can two walk together, except they be agreed?
(2 Cor 6:14) Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
- Are you holding a grudge against someone?
(Lev 19:18) Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.
(Mat 5:23, 24) Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
(Mark 11:25) And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
(Mark 11:26) But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
(James 5:9) Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.
- Do you have warrants?Is your car legal? Are you currently driving without a license?
(Rom 13:1-3) Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
(Titus 3:1) Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,
(1Peter 2:13, 14) Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
- Are you currently using drugs or alcohol?
(Prov 20:1) Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.
(Prov 23:29-35) Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes? They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine. Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright. At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder. Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things. Yea, thou shalt be as he that lieth down in the midst of the sea, or as he that lieth upon the top of a mast. They have stricken me, shalt thou say, and I was not sick; they have beaten me, and I felt it not: when shall I awake? I will seek it yet again.
(1Cor. 3:16) Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
- Are you currently viewing pornography on the internet or by other means?
(Job 31:1) I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?
(Psa 101:3) I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.
There may be a whole list of other things that can be a violation of God’s Word. It is a good idea to examine our lives and see what areas we need to change. We should also pray and ask God to reveal to us any areas of our life that need to change. We can ask like David did in Psalms 139:23, 24: “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts. And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
It may be difficult to get our life in order and to submit to God’s way but it will be worth it in the long run. If we continue living contrary to God’s Word then our life will be a difficult life. There is no possible way someone can violate God’s Word without severe consequences. God’s way is not only the best way – It is the only way to live! Why not begin today by submitting to God’s Way!
(Prov 12:28) In the way of righteousness is life; and in the pathway thereof there is no death.
- Sometimes we will not understand how God’s ways are going to benefit us, but we will if we have f___________.
- From the very beginning the devil has been a l___________.
- The Devil tries hard to make God look b_________.
- The Devil told Eve that she was not going to die, but that she was going to be wise like who?G______
- The Devil tries to make if look like God does not want you to have any f____________.
- The devil will make it look like submission to God is bondage, and doing what you want is f_____________.
- In order to submit to God’s way we must i________________ the areas of our life that is c_________________ to God’s Word.
- We should also pray and ask God to r__________ to us any areas of our life that needs to c______________.
- Is it possible for someone to violate God’s Word without consequences?______________
- God’s way is not only the best way it is the o_________ way to live.
Memory Verse: Psalms 128:1 Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways.